Volunteering to Help The Morristown Neighborhood House
Carpenter Contractor Trust - Tuesday, July 18, 2017
How a Union contributes to a community is often over looked. But that is not the case when it comes to the Morristown Neighborhood House.
- Article 338 : Volunteering to Help The Morristown Neighborhood House
- Article 339 : Power Breakfast - Millennials: How Do We Get Them?
- Article 341 : CCT Supports The Next Generation By Donating School Supplies
- Article 343 : Albany Common Council Passes A New Apprenticeship Ordinance
- Article 345 : Orange County Chamber of Commerce Membership Breakfast
- Article 352 : SkillPath Hosts The Social Media Marketing Conference
- Article 356 : Carpenter Pre-Apprentice Program Provides Disadvantaged Youths With Unparalleled Opportunities
- Article 358 : SUNY College and Career Counseling Center Celebrates A Milestone
- Article 359 : "How Big Can You Grow?" Power Breakfast
- Article 361 : Women’s Employment and Resource Center (WERC) Luncheon and Award Ceremony
- Article 362 : SUNY College and Career Counseling Center Job Fair
- Article 363 : CCT Attends ‘Women Who Mean Business’ Award Ceremony
- Article 364 : CCT Continues To Network And Promote The NRCC's Highly Skilled Workforce
- Article 365 : Syracuse Training Center Groundbreaking Ceremony
- Article 366 : Habitat For Humanity Project – Franklin County
- Article 368 : Dormitory Authority State of New York (DASNY) Conference
- Article 369 : CCT President Named to ROI-NJ Real Estate Influencer List
- Article 371 : Military Veterans to Union Carpentry
- Article 372 : Honoring The Capital Region's Veterans
- Article 380 : Capitalize Albany Corporation Host Building For Tomorrow
- Article 390 : 2018 Women Working Honorees
- Article 397 : ICSC CenterBuild Conference, Arizona
- Article 399 : Mohonasen Transition & Job Fair
- Article 400 : SUNY College and Career Counseling Center Community Job Fair
- Article 401 : American Labor Studies Center Honor Signatory Contractor
Authored by: Anthony Abrantes, Local 254 Team Lead, Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters
How a Union contributes to a community is often over looked. But that is not the case when it comes to the Morristown Neighborhood House. An organization that helps families in need, was also in need of some upgrades, and many of our journeymen and apprentices answered the call. At the beginning of the summer the Morristown Neighborhood House needed skilled labor to renovate their building. Union Carpenters from Local 253 and 254 volunteered their time, which included renovating a kitchen, replacing old cabinets and general repairs to the facility. Sometimes people don’t realize our members live here, and they have family and friends here. So, when you're fortunate enough to have an organization like Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters behind you, it allows you to pay it forward.
Organizations like the Morristown Neighborhood House are integral to the community that surrounds them and the Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters is no different. The fact that 23 union members are willing to jump in and volunteer their time to uphold our values, can make any one proud. These are the same principals our organizations founders held and continue to carry on from generation to generation.