Putting Safety First, Every Day
Carpenter Contractor Trust - Thursday, May 10, 2018
The ACCNJ sponsors Safety Day annually, and remind workers and the public to pay attention and be safe on construction sites.
- Article 445 : Putting Safety First, Every Day
- Article 446 : Bodewes Appointed to Niagara County Industrial Development Agency Board
- Article 447 : Adults and Students Navigate the Career Options in the Construction Industry
- Article 448 : The Carpenter Contractor Trust awarded ‘Outstanding Employer Award’ by SUNY College and Career Counseling Center
- Article 450 : Eliminate and Energize: The Plague of the Underground Construction Economy
- Article 452 : Alan Seidman Honored by the Orange County Citizens Foundation
- Article 459 : Philadelphia Summer Camp Provides Young Women With An Insight Into The Construction Industry
- Article 460 : Carpenters History Museum in Philadelphia
- Article 461 : The Labor Leader: Peter J. McGuire
- Article 462 : UBC Sisters in the Brotherhood Conference A Success
- Article 463 : Long Island Training Center Showcases Its Renovations
- Article 464 : Libertae House In Bensalem Gets A Fix-Up
- Article 465 : Honoring Veterans, Every Day
- Article 466 : Ross Pepe Named to Westchester’s Power 50
- Article 470 : Carpenter Contractor Trust Wins Construction Marketer of the Year Award
- Article 471 : The Evolution of Mill Cabinetry: Over A Century To Present Day
- Article 474 : Carpenters Volunteer In The Construction of The Coast Guard Enlisted Memorial
- Article 475 : Local Union Carpenter Recognized As “Hometown Hero” At Lehigh Valley Phantoms Game
- Article 476 : Temple University Builds State-of-the-Art Library To Serve As Centerpiece of Campus
- Article 477 : Carpenters Local 158 Aids in Completing Final Stages of Ronald McDonald House Renovation
- Article 478 : The New Frederick Douglass Memorial Bridge Project Provides On-The-Job Training Opportunities
- Article 482 : The Carpenters Apprentice Training Center Hosts SkillsUSA Construction Trades Competition
- Article 483 : Construction Safety Week: National Stand-Down To Prevent Falls
- Article 484 : Union Carpenters Prep Jim Whelan Boardwalk Hall for Atlantic City Blackjacks First Home Game
Authored by: Jack Kocsis, CEO, Associated Construction Contractors of New Jersey
The Associated Construction Contractors of New Jersey (ACCNJ) and our labor partners collaborate closely to make safety the priority on the jobsite and in the work zone. In 2017, the union contractors represented by ACCNJ and the general construction trade unions (Bricklayers, Carpenters, Ironworkers, Building and Heavy/Highway Laborers and Operating Engineers) collectively invested more than $31 million for safety training and education programs. This joint effort benefited the more than 10,000 workers who participated in training classes in 2017.
Every April, we sponsor a Safety Day to remind workers and the public to pay attention and be safe.
This year, on April 18, ACCNJ members and labor partners devoted the entire day to the importance of taking proper safety measures. At jobsites and work zones across New Jersey, members and labor partners conducted safety demonstrations, sponsored safety talks and recognized employees for their commitment to safety. The goal is to start with safety, work with safety and finish every day with safety always at top-of-mind, because there is no greater priority than ensuring all our workers return home safely to their families at the end of the day.